a. Faculty of Engineering:
1. Department of Civil & Building Engineering
2. Department of Land & Architectural Studies
3. Department of Mechanical & Production Engineering
4. Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Faculty of Science:
1. Department of Computer Science
2. Department of Biological Science
3. Department of Physics
4. Department of Mathematics
5. Department of Chemistry
6. Department of Sport Science
7. Department of Food Processing Technology
c. Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences:
1. Department of Economics and Statistics
2. Department of Geography & SST
3. Department of Sociology & Social Administration
4. Department of History & Political Science
5. Department of Performing Art
6. Department of Religious Studies
7. Department of Language & Communications Skills
8. Department of Literature
Faculty of Studies:
1. Department of Agriculture
2. Department of Art and Industrial Design
3. Department of Human Nutrition and Home Economics
e. School of Management & Entrepreneurship:
1. Department of Accounting & Finance
2. Department of Administrative & Secretarial Science
3. Department of Business Studies & Entrepreneurship
4. Department of Procurement, Marketing and Supply Chain
f. Faculty of Special Needs & Rehabilitation :
1. Department of Special Needs Studies
2. Department of Community & Disability Studies
3. Department of Adult & Community Education
g. Faculty of Education:
1. Department of Educational Psychology
2. Department of Foundations of Education
3. Department of Educational Planning & Management
4. Department of Teacher Education & Development Studies
5. Department of Distance Education
1. Interested applicants are advised to check the available course units
from Heads of Departments in their areas of competence in the above
2. Purpose: To develop and impart relevant professional knowledge and
skills to students on a part time basis.
3. Duties: The part time lecturer will report to the Head of Department and
perform the following duties:
i. Prepare and deliver lectures and tutorials in the allocated discipline.
ii. Develop, prepare, select and use instructional materials and teaching
iii. Carry out continuous assessment and student performance evaluation.
iv. Set, administer and mark assignments, tests and examinations.
v. Compile and submit examination results and other reports to the Head
of Department on time.
vi. Supervise students’ research projects and fi eldwork.
vii. Offer academic and professional advice to students.
viii. Handle any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to
4. Qualifi cations: At least a Masters degree in the relevant discipline and
one year of teaching, research, or other working experience.
5. Remuneration: part time lecturers shall be paid on an hourly rate for
lecturers delivered and other duties assigned. Rates paid per hour vary
from department to department.
6. Mode of application: Please submit your Application, Photocopies of
Academic Certifi cates and Transcripts. And Curriculum Vitae giving
full details of qualifi cations and work experience with letters from three
P.O. BOX 1, KYAMBOGO, Tel: 041-286452/8/285001, Fax: 041-220464, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.kyambogo.ac.ug
Directorate of Human Resources